Welcome to Passport Health Plan!
Thank you for choosing Passport Health Plan. We want to help you get the most out of your health plan. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Review your Member Welcome Kit we sent you in the mail and keep it in a safe place. You can view the Quick Start Guide online (which is also included in the Welcome Kit.)
Step 2: You will also receive your Member ID Card from us in the mail. Put it in your wallet and take it with you to your doctor visits. Make sure your primary care provider (PCP) is correct on your Member ID Card. If it is not, call Member Services at (800) 578-0603.
Step 3: Call your Primary Care Provider (PCP), also known as your personal doctor to schedule your first appointment. This first meeting with your new doctor is important. It helps you get to know your doctor and is a time for you both to review your health status.
You should see your PCP within 90 days of your enrollment or sooner. You should be able to get an appointment with your PCP or a specialist as follows:
- Urgent Care – within (1) day of your request.
- Sick Care – within (3) days of your request.
- Well Care Visit – within (1) month of your request.
Please call us if you cannot get an appointment when you need one. You may call Member Services at (800) 578-0603 for help. Don't forget to bring your Member ID Card with you to all of your doctor’s visits. Please be on time so that you can be seen as scheduled.
To make sure you have a doctor, Passport may have picked one for you and/or your family. We hope that you are happy with your provider.
- If you would like to choose a new provider, visit Find a Provider.
- You may also contact Member Services at (800) 578-0603 (TTY/TDD: 711) for assistance
- You may select a general or family practitioner, or internist.
- You may also choose a pediatrician for your children.
Step 4: Register today for MyPassportHealthPlan.com! It’s our easy-to-use web portal where you can manage your health care online.
Your Member Identification (ID) Card
When you become a member, you get a Member Identification (ID) Card in the mail from Passport Health Plan.
Please check your Member ID Card to make sure the information is correct. It contains this information:
- Your name
- Your member identification number (ID #)
- Your date of birth (DOB)
- Your primary care physician's name (provider)
- Your primary care physician's office phone number (provider phone)
- Passport's 24-hour Nurse Advice Line toll-free at (800) 606-9880 for English and Spanish speaking members
- Toll-free numbers for:
- Prescription-related questions and the identifier for Passport's prescription benefit call (800) 578-0603
- Hospitals to notify Passport of admissions for members
Be sure to carry your Member ID Card with you at all times.
- It is used by health care providers, such as your physician, pharmacist and hospital to determine if you are eligible for services through Passport.
- You must show it every time you get health care.
- If you lose your Member ID Card, you can get a new one this way:
- Go to MyPassportHealthPlan.com and print a temporary Member ID Card.
- Go to MyPassportHealthPlan.com and ask to have a new card sent to you.
- Call Member Services at (800) 578-0603 (TTY/TDD: 711).