COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you visit Molina Healthcare’s public websites, no personal information—such as your name, date of birth or telephone number —is collected, unless you provide us with that information voluntarily. Molina Healthcare will not sell, license, transmit or disclose this information outside of Molina Healthcare and its affiliated companies unless (a) expressly authorized by you, (b) necessary to enable Molina Healthcare's contractors or agents to perform certain functions for us, or (c) required or permitted by law. In all cases, we will disclose the information consistent with applicable laws and regulations and we will require the recipient to protect the information and use it only for the purpose it was provided.
Secure Website Services
Certain online services are available to Molina Healthcare members via our Secure Website Services, such as MyMolina.com. When using such sites, you may disclose personal information to Molina Healthcare. Molina Healthcare may collect your personal information for the following:
- The Secure Website Services require a password to log in before accessing information, thus you may need to provide certain personal information so that Molina Healthcare may verify your identity;
- To use and share your personal information to provide you with your healthcare benefits; and
- To respond to requests via email or any type of communication provided via the Secure Website Services.
Molina Healthcare complies with the requirements under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Users of Molina Healthcare's Secure Website Services should read Molina Healthcare's applicable Notice of Privacy Practices, which explains in more detail how we use and disclose your protected health information. For a copy of the Notice of Privacy Practices, please click on a state:
California | Florida | Idaho | Illinois | Michigan| Mississippi | New Mexico | New York | Ohio | Puerto Rico | South Carolina | Texas | Utah | Washington | Wisconsin.
Users of Molina Healthcare's Secure Website Services understand that the confidentiality of personal information is protected by federal and state law. By using Molina Healthcare's Secure Website Services you represent to Molina Healthcare that you are either (i) the individual to whom this account pertains, or (ii) legally authorized under applicable law to receive health care information regarding, and to make healthcare decisions for, the individual to whom this account pertains (for example, as the parent, legal guardian or legal custodian of such individual).
Internet Protocol Addresses
You should also be aware that when you visit our websites, Molina Healthcare may collect certain information that does not identify you personally, but provides us with "usage data," such as the number of visitors we receive or what pages are visited most often. This data helps us to analyze and improve the usefulness of the information we provide on these websites.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like most commercial website owners, we may also use what is known as "cookie" technology. A "cookie" is an element of data that a website can send to your browser when you link to that website. It is not a computer program and has no ability to read data residing on your computer or instruct it to perform any step or function. By assigning a unique data element to each visitor, the website is able to recognize repeat users, track usage patterns and better serve you when you return to that site. The cookie does not extract other information about you, such as your name or address. Most browsers provide a simple procedure that will enable you to control whether you want to receive cookies by notifying you when a website is about to deposit a cookie file.
On some pages of the Molina Healthcare website there may also be use of action tags, sometimes referred to as web beacons or 1x1 pixel graphics interchange format ("GIF") images. Such tags are used to monitor and assess the effectiveness of promotions and marketing. These tags work in combination with cookies, but do not collect or contain any personal information.
Collection of Information for Children Under 13
Molina Healthcare does not direct its websites, or knowingly collect any information from any persons under the age of 13.
Molina Healthcare uses reasonable and appropriate security measures to safeguard the information that has been collected from you via the public or Secure Website Services. Among the measures that Molina Healthcare has implemented for its websites are administrative, physical and technical safeguards.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
Molina Healthcare continually updates the information provided on its websites in order to keep the information as current and accurate as possible, however, it is possible that the websites may contain inaccuracies, errors or unauthorized modifications by third parties. Molina Healthcare does not make any express or implied warranties as to the accuracy of any information on its websites.
Any links to other non-Molina Healthcare websites are solely for your convenience in obtaining related information. Such inclusion or mention does not constitute or imply a recommendation or endorsement by Molina Healthcare. Molina Healthcare does not control the contents of these websites and does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information.
The information presented on our websites is not intended to constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation in connection with any service. If you are interested in any of Molina Healthcare's services, please contact us for a complete description of the product and its availability.
Changes to Websites
Molina Healthcare may change or update information on its websites at any time. Molina Healthcare is not under any obligation to update information provided on its sites and so the information may be out of date at any given time.
Ownership, License and Restrictions on Use of Materials
This website is owned and operated by Molina Healthcare, all material contained in our websites is protected by law. All copyright, service mark and other proprietary notices must be kept intact.
Limitations of Liability
Not a Substitute for Professional Health Care or Advice
The information contained in this site is general in nature and is intended for educational purposes only. It is not a substitute for the advice of health care professionals. If you have specific health care needs, or for complete health information, please see a doctor or other health care provider.
Except as described otherwise, all materials in the Molina Healthcare sites are made available only to provide information about Molina Healthcare. Molina Healthcare controls and operates this site from its headquarters in Long Beach, California, USA, and makes no representation that these materials are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use this site from other locations you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
Social Media Terms and Conditions
BY ACCESSING, VIEWING, OR USING ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES OPERATED BY MOLINA HEALTHCARE, INC., ITS SUBSIDIARIES, OR ITS AFFIFLIATES, THE USER INDICATES ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOLLOWING SOCIAL MEDIA TERMS AND CONDTIONS AND AGREES TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THEM:
1. Molina Healthcare, Inc., its subsidiaries, and affiliates (hereinafter “Molina Healthcare”) does not validate third party information posted on Molina Healthcare’s pages on social media sites. Any comments, statements, or opinions on those pages are not endorsed by Molina Healthcare, and do not necessarily reflect the views, policies, or procedures of Molina Healthcare. The information, materials and services on Molina Healthcare’s social media pages are provided to the user “as is,” without any express or implied representations or warranties of any kind, including any warranties as to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of intellectual property. Molina Healthcare makes no representation or warranties as to any material or information posted on any Molina Healthcare social media pages or that the user’s use of content posted on or material otherwise made available through Molina Healthcare’s social media pages will not infringe the rights of third parties.
2. Users shall not post materials to any of Molina Healthcare’s social media pages that are unlawful, proprietary, fraudulent, libelous, slanderous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive, harassing, or infringing on the rights of any third-party, including intellectual property, privacy/confidentiality, or publicity rights. Molina Healthcare does not permit any of these practices, and reserves the right to immediately remove or edit any content within its sole discretion.
3. By submitting content on or though Molina Healthcare’s social media pages the user grants Molina Healthcare an unrestricted, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such material throughout the world in any media. The user further agrees that Molina Healthcare is free to use any ideas, concepts, and knowledge that the user provides to Molina Healthcare on the social media site. The user also grants Molina Healthcare the right to use the name submitted by the user in connection with such material. Molina Healthcare reserves the right to alter the content on its social media sites at any time, but has no obligation to update any information on its social media sites. Molina Healthcare has no intention of collecting personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
4. The materials posted to Molina Healthcare’s social media pages are not advice. By making the content on Molina Healthcare’s social media pages available to the user, Molina Healthcare is not engaged in rendering any legal, medical, or other professional advice.
5. Users shall not post any personal or private health information, such as policy numbers, claim numbers, phone numbers, personal e-mail addresses, or any unique identifying information on a Molina Healthcare social media page. Molina Healthcare reserves the right to remove any social media posts that contain such information.
6. Users shall not post any links or other content that contain viruses or malicious software or otherwise violate any federal or state laws. Users shall not post advertisements or solicitations of business. Any postings of this nature on Molina Healthcare social media pages may be removed.
7. Content on Molina Healthcare’s social media pages (including, without limitation, text, design, graphics, logos, images, videos, as well as the selection and arrangement thereof) posted by Molina Healthcare is the property of and owned by Molina Healthcare, our licensors, or third party content providers, and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. Any other use of content on the site, including, but not limited to, the modification, distribution, transmission, performance, broadcast, publication, uploading, licensing, transfer, or sale of, or the creation of derivative works from, any material or information obtained from the site, or use of the site for purposes competitive to Molina Healthcare, is expressly prohibited.
8. Molina Healthcare’s social media pages may contain links to other web sites, some of which are operated by Molina Healthcare and others which are operated by third parties. These links are provided as a convenience to the user and as an additional avenue of access to the information contained therein. Molina Healthcare has not necessarily reviewed all the information on these other web sites and is not responsible for the content of those or any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through those or any other web sites. Inclusion of links to other sites should not be viewed as an endorsement of the content of linked web sites. Different terms and conditions may apply to the user’s use of any linked web sites.
9. Molina Healthcare reserves the right to block or otherwise prohibit any person from accessing or using Molina Healthcare’s social media pages for any reason whatsoever.
10. Users are ultimately responsible for the content posted on Molina Healthcare’s social media pages, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright of any such material. Molina Healthcare is not liable for any direct, or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages that may arise from the user’s use of Molina Healthcare’s social media pages. Additionally, the user agrees to defend and indemnify Molina Healthcare and each of our respective officers, agents, directors, shareholders, partners, licensors, service providers, and employees, from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, issued by any third party due to or arising out of your use of Molina Healthcare’s social media pages arising from a breach or alleged breach of these Terms and Conditions by the user (including, without limitation, any breach of the user’s representations and warranties set forth herein).
Molina Healthcare does not give medical advice via its social media sites. If you are seeking medical advice, please contact a doctor’s office or call 911 in the case of an emergency.
Molina Healthcare – SMS and MMS Short Code 94870 Messaging Terms and Conditions
1. When you opt-in to the service, we will send you a message to confirm your signup. Text JOIN to 94870 to receive Molina Healthcare Alerts. Message and data rates may apply. Messages per month may vary. Text "HELP" for help. Text "STOP" to cancel.2. There is no fee from Molina Healthcare, Inc. to receive messages. Message & data rates may apply - this can be checked with your mobile service provider. Charges are billed and payable to your mobile service provider or deducted from your prepaid account.
3. You can cancel this service at any time. Just text "STOP" to 94870. After you send the message "STOP" to us, we will send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending messages to you again.
4. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text "HELP" to 94870. After you send the message "HELP" to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
5. We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator.
6. The service is available on these US participating carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, *T-Mobile®, U.S. Cellular, Boost Mobile, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central, IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
7. *T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
8. As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
9. By subscribing to Molina Healthcare Alerts the user consents to receive, from time to time further text messages from Molina Healthcare, other parties within Molina Healthcare. Message & data rates may apply.
10. For all questions about the services provided by this short code you can send an email to email@example.com or contact us at (866) 403-8293.
Updated: 8/15/2019return to the top